Pages

Sunday 2 June 2013

JAI Scrap #18: Just Add Milestones.

Hi!

I have been busy scrapping again, just in time for the new Just Add Ink Scrapping Challenge.


This month Ruthy has challenged us to scrap a milestone.  A milestone can be defined as an important event in your life.  I have chosen my Grandma turning 100 as the milestone I scrapped.  She's pretty amazing - these pictures were taken over a year ago and she is now 101!


I chose to scrap a double page as I had too many photos for just one page.  The three square photos were taken at her party.  Sadly she was unable to attend her own party as she was unwell.  The photos on the right side of the layout are the following day when we were able to talk to her through the window of the nursing home.  We all sang Happy Birthday and blew her kisses.


This photo was taken a week later.  We were able to travel back to see her when she was well and able to have visitors.  She's such a remarkable woman and someone I really admire.


 You can see that in the top corner I stamped the large flourish from Flowering Flourishes using the Illuminate Inkpad.  I stamped the same image in each of the corners for a subtle little lift.


This is one of my favourite bits of the layout. At her party I was asked to make a speech with only about 10 minutes notice.  My sisters helped me come up with some points to make and I scribbled them on a scrap of paper.  The scroll is that scrap of paper.

Stamps: Flowering Flourishes
Ink: Illuminate, Lucky Limeade, So Saffron, Pretty In Pink
DSP/Cardstock: Tea For Two DSP, So Saffron, Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade
Other: Big Shot, Typeset Alpha Dies, Tasteful Trims Die, Little Leaves Sizzlit, Petals A Plenty Embossing Folder, Soda Pop Tops, Paper Doilies, Early Espresso Baker's Twine, Crystal Effects, Vanilla Flower Trim

I hope you can find time to play along with us this month at Just Add Ink.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.