Pages

Sunday 7 April 2013

JAI Scrap #16: Just Add Siblings!

Hi!


How much fun is this - the new Just Add Ink Scrapbooking Challenge starts just after My Digital Studio is introduced to the South Pacific market? I couldn't wait to let loose on the new challenge using MDS. I selected the challenge this week and it's all about siblings! There are so many ways you could interpret this theme - it's all up to you.


I chose to scrap some photos of my eldest two children and my desperation to get a nice photo of them together. I love that they (mostly!) get along so well and have a fairly close relationship. I just wish they'd let me photograph it!!!

 
In the above photo I thought I'd share with you how I used the Delightful Digital Tape to create a banner. The tape is like masking tape, but better because with a few clicks of your mouse you can rotate, recolour, reposition and add a drop shadow.
 
You can also just see the flourish stamp from Artistic Etching. I digitally stamped it with a watermark 'ink' to give a very subtle effect.  It gives the background DSP just a little more oomph.
 

Do you agree with my journalling? Sometimes you get what you want, only to find that what you had was better!  I love that I finally got a nice photo of them together, but I absolutely love the main photo. It shows more of their true relationship, especially that Ada can be a pesky little sister, but that Alex loves her anyway.

 
To go with the cheeky feel of the photos I added some text stamps to the photos. So that they didn't distract from the title of the layout I reduced the opacity to about 20%. The WHAT! stamp was cropped down to remove the GUESS part - it didn't really work as GUESS WHAT. Can you just hear that WHAT! said with all the attitude of a pre-teen?
 
MDS Elements: Downtown Grunge DSP #1, Delightful Digital Tape #1, 2 and 4, Stitching Zig Zag, Artistic Elements Large Flourish, Lemonade Stand hooray!, I Heart THIS, RATS! and GUESS WHAT!
 
I hope you can join us in this month long challenge at Just Add Ink, whether you scrap traditionally or using MDS.
 
Bye for now,
 
Tina

1 comment:

  1. Love all your finishing touches = what a great layout. Those reduced opacity words and stamps look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.