Pages

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Stampin' Up!'s Heartfelt Event in Melbourne

Hi!

Over the past weekend I was lucky enough to be able to travel to Melbourne so that I could attend Stampin' Up!'s Heartfelt Event.  These are a new style of events run by Stampin' Up! and replace the old style Regionals Event.  I had so much fun at the event, and it was fabulous to catch up with some very dear friends while I was there.

I also had a second reason to be excited about going.  I had been contacted about 10 days before the event by the lovely Bec Howard from Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Support asking if I would like to design a scrapbook layout to go on display at the event, and the other events like it being held around Australia and New Zealand.  Once I got over the surprise, of course I said yes!  Then I found out I could do up to 3 layouts, to which I also said yes.  Then I realised I only had 10 days to do the three layouts and I was only able to use current products going forward, which turned the task into a limited supplies challenge.  Oh boy!  Thankfully Rob took over the meal preparation and general child wrangling for the weekend so I was able to work on my layouts.

Here are the display boards at the Heartfelt Event.  I won't say which layouts are mine just yet, I'll reveal them over the coming week or so.


I was so very excited to see my name in amongst a lot of  Stampin' Up! scrappers that I find very inspirational.


This was the front of the display.  I have one layout on this side, and if you know my children you're probably able to pick which one!


Here is the other side of the display.  You'll notice that I was photo bombed!  The gorgeous, mischievous and very funny Claire Martin from Demonstrator Support in Australia obviously couldn't resist! She's such a lovely, smiley person and it's always great to see her at Stampin' Up! events.  Oh, I have two layouts on this side of the board!


I didn't take many 'people' photos at the event, but here's one of the Just Add Ink girls that were at the event.  From L-R: Narelle, myself, Christine and Jo.  It was lovely to see Christine again and to meet Narelle and Jo for the first time in person.  And yes, it's been pointed out how well colour-coordinated we are in our peach and navy clothing!

A new feature of the event was that Stampin' Up! asked us to show our creativity by making our own name tags.  I threw mine together fairly quickly as I was running out of time and leaving for Melbourne the following morning.  I die cut the letters for my name and then glanced around my desk for something to stick them on.  The first thing I saw was this:


Yes, the DVD that all new demonstrators get when they sign up!  I somehow have ended up with about 4 copies so I wasn't worried about recycling one to make my name tag!  Here's how it ended up.


I also recycled the lanyard we got at Convention this year, and I couldn't leave off the fab felt brooch that Kim made for each of the JAI girls at Convention.  The letters are a bit of a sneak peek at the new alpha die coming out in the Annual Catalogue in September.  Stampin' Up! were generous enough to send my out a set of the dies on loan so that I was able to use them on my layouts for the Heartfelt Event display.  I love being associated with such a wonderful company!

Well, that's enough for now.  As I said before, I'll be back over the next week or so to show you the layouts I made for the display.  I'll also show you the card I made for the Inspiration Boards at the event.

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. It was fun checking out all the name tags = loved yours. Congratulations on being asked to be part of the scrapbooking feature. I'm always inspired by your layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely lady - I didn't even notice your name badge on Saturday - wish I had its lovely. Love your scrapbooking pages - you have inspired me to make time for some this month, thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.