Pages

Saturday 28 July 2012

Male Themed Blog Hop

Hi!

I hope you're having a wonderful start to your weekend - a blog hop's a fabulous way to get the creative energy happening, so I hope we inspire you to get inky and get stampin! You've either come here from the clever Alisha Watson's blog or you're starting here.  Either way just keep hoppin' 'til you get back to where you started!

I have created a layout about my husband Rob to fit with the male theme.  I hardly every scrap about Rob on his own so it was about time I did!


When I make a male themed project there are always a few things I like to use: twine, brads and sanding. I have used a  three on this layout.  I sanded the edges of all of the DSP layers and then mounted them on Early Espresso cardstock for more of a lift.  I also sanded the flags before gluing them onto the twine to create some bunting, which was held down using brads.  I attached the left hand side and just let the twine sit where it wanted to naturally.  It created a pleasing curve so I just adhered the flags to the page and then attached the right side using a second brad.  Easy!  Here's a closer look at the bunting.


I also went for a sanded look on my title.  I adhered some Well Worn DSP to some chipboard and when it was dry I ran it through the Big Shot with my Simple Letters Dies.  I then sanded the edges before adhering the letters to my layout.  The smaller files in the Distressing Kit came in very handy when I was trying to sand these letters!



I hope I inspired you to scrap about the men in your life.  Now you're off to see the fantastic projects Ros Davidson has created.  Thanks for stopping by!

Ink: Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker
DSP/Cardstock: Well Worn DSP, Early Espresso, River Rock
Other: Big Shot, Simple Letters Alphabet Dies, Chipboard, Sanding Block, Distressing Essentials Kit, Owl Builder Punch, Crystal Effects, Hemp Twine, Early Espresso Brads, Glue Dots, Tombow Adhesive Glue

Bye for now,

Tina

List of Blog Hop Participants:
Ros Davidson http://www.rosdavidson.typepad.com
Sue Madex http://www.madexcreations.com
Christine Blain http://www.christineblain.blogspot.com
Kathryn Mangelsdorf: http://klm55.blogspot.com
Nikki Sadler http://www.inkyart.com.au
Di Dunk http://www.stampartbydi.typepad.com
Alisha Watson http://www.ratherbstamping.blogspot.com

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Tina - or perhaps that should be handsome ..... I really love the bunting and that is my favourite DSP. Great page for a lovely man xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout Tina, your DSP choice is so perfect for Robs pic, the Aqua really pops and such beautiful words. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous page, Tina. The DSP is perfect with the photo and the bunting is a great embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great male layout Tina, love the little banners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic layout, Tina. I love the thin black mats, the sanding and the banner. Great colour choices to complement the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina, love your layout especially the lovely flags and the coordinated dsp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great page. Love all your details - the sanding, heartfelt journaling, just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.