Pages

Saturday 4 February 2012

JAI Scrapbooking Challenge #2: Just Add Holiday Photos

Hi!

How exciting - it's my first post as a member of the Just Add Ink Scrapbook Design Team!  February's challenge is to add holiday photos to your layout.  They layout I have for you today was actually part of my application for the JAI team and I was delighted to find out that it fit into the new challenge, so I was able to start my DT work right away.


I took the photo of my daughter Ada when we were on holidays in October 2011.  Yes October - and my crazy children decide to go swimming at the beach!  It was a lovely day, but not warm enough to tempt me to go into the ocean.


I used the Creative Elements stamp set on my layout.  One of my favourite things to do with this set is to colour the flourish stamp.  It's time consuming, but the end result is worth it.


The scallops at the bottom were made using the Round Tab punch.  I like the flatter scallops it creates.  I just covered the joins with Basic Jewel Rhinestones.

I hope you can find the time to play along with us at Just Add Ink this month.  What a great opportunity to scrap some school holiday photos while the memories are still fresh.  I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Stamps: Creative Elements
Ink: Melon Mambo, Concord Crush
DSP/Cardstock: Cheerful Treat DSP (hostess), Melon Mambo, Concord Crush, Whisper White
Other: Big Shot, Simple Letters Alpha Dies, Paper Snips, Colour Spritzer, Round Tab Punch, Basic Jewel Rhinestones

Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. It looks like the height of summer in the photo - such vivid colours! Love this layout, Tina. Such a happy memory of Ava. How clever you are, creating that scalloped border with the round tab punch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout Tina! The blue in the photo makes it really jump off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous layout Tina - love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.