Pages

Sunday 28 August 2011

New Baby Card

Hi!

Today I have a card for you that uses a product that is being reconfigured: watercolour paper.  Stampin' Up! are discontinuing the smaller sized sheets and changing the pack to larger sized sheets.  The card I made was a commission from a friend.  She wanted me to use the All In The Family stamp set to represent the family on the front of the card.  The family consisted of mum, dad, 2 sisters, a cat and 2 dogs and the new baby girl.  Hmmmm.  I didn't fancy trying to stamp all that on the front of a card and make it look good.  After all, most people keep the cards as a keepsake.  So I put the thinking cap on and decided I'd make it look a bit like the Brady Bunch - you know the grid where they are all smiling and waving to each other from their own box?


I stamped each family member in Stazon ink on some watercolour paper and then coloured them with my ink pads and blender pen.  The sentiment panel is stamped on plain cardstock.  The base colours are Pear Pizzazz and Blushing Bride.  I can't remember the other colours I used on the people.

I have since been told that the recipient loves the card so much she is framing it for the baby's nursery.

Catch you later,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.