Pages

Monday 14 March 2011

Just Add Ink #59 and Exciting News!

Hi!

I have some exciting news today - I have been asked to be a Guest Designer on Just Add Ink!  I'm so excited!  I can't wait to see what they have in store for me.  Thanks so much to Delys and Bron and the rest of the JAI team for the wonderful opportunity to be a part of a fantastic team.

Today's card is for their current challenge, which is a sketch challenge.  You can see the sketch here.


I love all the soft pinks in this card.  I used the Sweet and Sour Speciality DSP as the main base for the card, and went with the coordinating colours for the rest of the card.

To create the main panel I stamped the All A Flutter butterfly twice in Rose Red, masked it and then stamped En Francais over the top in Pretty In Pink ink.

I was about to assemble the pieces of the card when I took another look at the sketch.  I had forgotten a layer, so I decided to add the scalloped section.


To create the larger scallops I punched a 1 1/4" circle and traced it on the cardstock.  I then cut along the lines and sponged the edges for a bit of pop.

Stamps: All A Flutter, En Francais, Great Friend
Ink: Rose Red, Pretty In Pink
DSP/Cardstock: Sweet and Sour Speciality DSP, Rose Red, Very Vanilla
Other: Dimensionals, Sponge Dauber, Paper Snips, Very Vanilla 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Stamp Positioner, 1 1/4" Circle L Punch

Catch you later,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and a huge congrats on the guest designer spot - what a thrill! (Love the new blog colour scheme too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep these gorgeous cards rolling and it will be hard to let you go. Congrats on the Guest DT spot. That card is tempting me to buy some new DSP!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an absolutely gorgeous card and I love the colours you have used. The masked butterfly panel looks great. Looking forward to when you get to join us as a Guest Designer! Thanks for playing at JAI♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What else would I expect to find on Tina's blog but a wonderfully gorgeous creaion. Love it, and cant wait to see what you come up with as a guest designer with us.
    Gardenia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, I too love all the pinks, very feminine. Looking forward to your guest designer gig with us :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Tina and woot woot on your GD spot too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.