Pages

Monday 7 February 2011

Stamp A Memory February Challenge: u & me

Hi!

Today I'm excited to participate in my first Stamp A Memory challenge as a part of the Design Team.

As it's February naturally the challenge is to focus on the colour RED. What a fantastic opportunity to scrap about my husband Rob and I.  This Valentine's Day will be our 13th together and while we don't usually celebrate Valentine's Day, it's nice to remind each other of the fantastic team we make.


I scraplifted this layout from one created by Stacy Cohen and published in Creating Keepsakes magazine on the 19th October.   I loved her layout and wanted to recreate it with my own spin.


There is quite a lot of detail in this layout compared to my usual style.  Lots of pleated ribbon and layering.  I also used a lot of shimmer paint mixed as a spritzer.  I spritzed the little heart punchies with Champagne Mist shimmer spritz and then covered them with Crystal Effects to give a bit of oomph to the hearts.  I also used Crystal Effects on the title.

DSP/Card Stock: Love Letter DSP, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red
Other: Basic Black and Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Scallop Trim, Full Heart, Heart to Heart, 1 3/4" Circle and Photo Corner Punches, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint spritzer, Crystal Effects.

So go on, hop on over to the Stamp A Memory blog and see what the other girls have come up with to inspire you.  I'd love to see your layout based on the colour red entered in the challenge.

Catch you later,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. wow what a stunner Tina..LOVE the ribbon pleating. Great job and look forward to working with you on the team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your page is beautiful Tina. I LOVE the sparkly/crystal effects hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pleated ribbon and glossy hearts - the whole page is lovely. So pleased that you have joined the design team - looking forward to a lot more layouts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love the pleated ribbon! A lovely page and go you scrapping yourselves!! Look forward to more time with you on the DT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.