Pages

Saturday 23 October 2010

Technique Blog Hop

Hi!

Welcome to our little blog hop.  Today a group of fellow Stampin ' Up! demonstrators are showcasing some stamping and papercrafting techniques for your inspiration.  We'd love to know what you think, so please leave us all a comment!  The stop before me was Amy Buchanan, and there are 5 stops in total on the hop - short and sweet!

I chose to demonstrate stitching on my projects today.  I hadn't attempted it before, but I'm pretty pleased with the final result.  Here's the card I made.


Each of the square panels has been stitched around using my sewing machine.  The hardest part of doing the stitching was getting the tension right on my machine.  I think if I do it again I would use a longer stitch length too.  Here's a close up of the stitching.


I tore around each of the DSP squares to give a bit of a shabby look.  In hindsight I should have torn first and stitched second. The stitching acted like perforations and made the paper want to tear along the stitching rather than just along side.

Here's a view of the centre circle, showing how I layered the different sections.  I used Dimensionals on some of the layers.


I also decided to make a coordinating gift card holder.  I based it on the boxes I've seen around for chocolate or DVD's.  Here it is in a closed position.


Here's a closer look at the front. I based it on the card, just making some minor changes.


And finally, an open view.  The recipient just pulls on the ribbon to reveal the gift card inside.


The gift card holder was pretty simple to make, but if you would like instructions or measurements please let me know in your comment.

So that's it for me. You're now off to see what the very clever Judy May has to show you.

Stamps: Punch Potpourri
Ink: Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz
DSP/Card Stock: Hostess DSP, Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride
Other: 1/2" Pear Pizzazz Stitched Poly Ribbon, Clear Rhinestone Brad, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Sewing Machine, Two-Step Bird XL Punch, Full Heart XL Punch, 1 3/4" Circle XL Punch, Circle Cutter, Slot Punch (retired), Paper Snips

Here's all the stops:

Judy May

Nikki Sadler

Christine Blain

Amy Buchanan

Catch you later,

Tina

11 comments:

  1. Really love your cards and your colour choices Tina -very soft. Stitching looks great - never tried it before - but it looks so good and adds to the 'feel' of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Tina and those colours go so well together. I love stitching on cards but am a bit slack getting the sewing machine out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Tina, I love all of them, and the tones are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Tina, love the stitching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Tina. I love the colours, and am particularly taken with the 'shabby' look of the square panels; they look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Tina, I love the soft colours and the stitching look amazing.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your creations Tina - such lovely soft colours - works so well with the stitching. Almost makes me want to dust off my sewing maching - where's those hayfever tabs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tina, beautiful work, such pretty colours and I like the stitching.
    Rene from OZ xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Stunning! How much work goes into stitching - I've been too chicken to try. It looks fab so well done! Love Bec XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card tina! The stitching really finishes it off and adds an extra dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tina, the stitching you did is so affective. The card is gorgeous, I love the colours you have used they work so good together. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.