Thursday, April 22, 2010

Two Step Bird at a picnic

Hi!

I'm still on a bit of a roll with the Bella Rose goodies I won. Last night I thought I'd have a go at the latest challenge at Card Patterns. Here is the latest sketch:



I also wanted to make a Top Note Box. I've seen them around a bit and now that I have the Top Note Die, I was all set! I downloaded the tutorial over at SplitCoast Stampers.

Here is the box I came up with:



When I showed my husband the finished product he said it looked like the bird was sitting on a picnic blanket, hence the title of this post.



This little box will be donated to my daughter's kindy for their Mother's Day fundraiser. I think it would make a perfect gift for any mother.

DSP/Card Stock: Bella Rose DSP, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red
Ink: Regal Rose, Old Olive
Other: Big Shot, Top Note Die, Circle Cutter, Square Punch, Horizontal Slot Punch, Bird and Branch Die Cuts, Sponge Dauber, 5/8" Striped Riding Hood Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

Catch you later,

Tina

7 comments:

  1. The layers are spectacular! Wonderful take on the sketch. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Tina, love your box, looks fantastic, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super box, really love that checked/gingham looking paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great box! It's been ages since I've made one of these. Love that little bird on top. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous little box! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your box. I have to go over and see the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just lovely Tina well done

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.